The Gaming Highway

Thank you for flying The Gaming Highway. Please relax and enjoy your flight.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gaming Highway

Thank you for flying The Gaming Highway. Please relax and enjoy your flight.

The Gaming Highway

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gameway Portal is up. Click Portal for news, post info, and most importantly, our new affiliates! Another game is in the works and will be released soon. Also, everyone give a warm welcome to our new admin, Abrecan Eyndrill!

5 posters

Left 4 Dead 2

Spartan
    Spartan
    Administratinator

Character Sheet
    Name:

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty Left 4 Dead 2

Post  Spartan Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:54 pm

Alright, we all know of the awesome that is Valve, so when I heard one of my favorite zombies games was getting a sequel, all kinds of stuff I wanted, and my favorite actor from The Wire (Chad L Coleman) was voicing one of the characters, I was all like, FUCK YES.

So far, Me and Rin are digging this, and making all kinds of plans, how about you fine folks?
    Grimmjow Jaggerjack
    Grimmjow Jaggerjack
    Serving Wench

Character Sheet
    Name: Suzaku Kensei

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty Re: Left 4 Dead 2

Post  Grimmjow Jaggerjack Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:12 pm

Left 4 dead has a secuel?? awesome, well it would be awesome for me if i could play the first at leat T_T but one day i will have a good computer T_T
    Demi Ryu
    Demi Ryu
    Administratinator

Location : A very dark place. You call it hell, I call it home

Post  Demi Ryu Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:30 pm

Should be good. I still have to re-play the first one... and renew x-box live... damn month long memberships.
    Flan
    Flan
    Of the Flan Flan Clan
    Of the Flan Flan Clan

Character Sheet
    Name: Rin Tachibana

Post  Flan Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:32 pm

Demi Ryu wrote:Should be good. I still have to re-play the first one... and renew x-box live... damn month long memberships.

No, get a new PC, and screw XBL...

And what is there to replay... Just running... and shooting... and getting eaten... XD

Also FUCK YES L4D2

If I hear that any of you are part of that gay boycott, I'll smash your face with my brand-spankin'-new frying pan.

Also, LIFETIME DIBS ON ELLIS
    Demi Ryu
    Demi Ryu
    Administratinator

Post  Demi Ryu Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:03 pm

WE RECOGNIZE:

-Valve is a company with financial needs and cannot be expected to survive without the release of new games.

-Judgment cannot be passed on the quality of Left 4 Dead 2 until its release.

-Left 4 Dead was, and is, a quality game which deserves the praise of the entire gaming community.

WE ARE COMMITTED:

-To holding Valve to its promise of free, continual updates to Left 4 Dead in order to build and sustain the community.

-To keeping the Left 4 Dead community together in order to improve the quality of online gaming.

-To supporting the model of continual updates Valve has set forth with its staple products like Team Fortress 2.

WE BELIEVE:

-The release of Left 4 Dead 2 as a stand-alone sequel will split the communities and decrease the quality of multiplayer gaming.

-The announced content of Left 4 Dead 2 does not warrant a stand-alone, full-priced sequel and should instead become updates (free or otherwise) for Left 4 Dead.

-Left 4 Dead has not yet received the support and content which Valve has repeatedly stated will be delivered.

-The release of Left 4 Dead 2 will make Left 4 Dead an obsolete purchase and inferior piece of software after only one year since release.

WE REQUEST:

-That Valve honor its commitment to release ongoing periodic content for Left 4 Dead.

-That Left 4 Dead 2 not be released as a stand-alone, full-priced sequel but as either a free update to Left 4 Dead or an expansion with full compatibility with basic Left 4 Dead owners.

-That Left 4 Dead owners be given discounts for Left 4 Dead 2, should it be released as premium content.

Therefore, we - the members of this Left 4 Dead 2 Boycott - promise to abstain from the purchase of Left 4 Dead 2 until our requests are addressed.

this boycott? yeah.... no... wanna shoot them. Honestly, if they recognize all of those things, how can they expect Valve not to release the game? Whoo hoo... you people whine and whine... but Gabe Newell needs to put food on the table too. And look at that boy, he needs lots and lots of food.
    Flan
    Flan
    Of the Flan Flan Clan
    Of the Flan Flan Clan

Character Sheet

Post  Flan Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:09 pm

Demi Ryu wrote:
    this boycott? yeah.... no... wanna shoot them. Honestly, if they recognize all of those things, how can they expect Valve not to release the game? Whoo hoo... you people whine and whine... but Gabe Newell needs to put food on the table too. And look at that boy, he needs lots and lots of food.

Pre-fucking-cisely. *claps*
    Spartan
    Spartan
    Administratinator

Character Sheet
    Name:

Post  Spartan Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:01 pm

And with the games that he's given us, he deserves every god damn dollar....I mean hell, people are STILL playing counter strike.
    Flan
    Flan
    Of the Flan Flan Clan
    Of the Flan Flan Clan

Character Sheet

Post  Flan Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:08 pm

I agree. Especially since L4D2 is basically everything in the previous game WITH MORE added in (therefore making it more than the first), it definitely deserves to have a price tag.

If it was less than the first game, I might agree more about the boycott.
    Demi Ryu
    Demi Ryu
    Administratinator

Post  Demi Ryu Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:47 pm

I guess I do see their point of view. If it is everything the last game was, and more, I don't know if it really needs a new game. Don't get me wrong, I am going to LOVE L4D2, but I do see where they are coming from.
    PremierRed
    PremierRed
    Serving Wench

Character Sheet
    Name: Bozo the Bloodthirsty

Post  PremierRed Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:36 am

Spartan wrote:And with the games that he's given us, he deserves every god damn dollar....I mean hell, people are STILL playing counter strike.

Hell, I'm still playing Counter Strike, wishing my laptop could run L4D.
    Only played the Xbox version of L4D, but it was a win game.

Demi Ryu wrote:I guess I do see their point of view. If it is everything the last game was, and more, I don't know if it really needs a new game. Don't get me wrong, I am going to LOVE L4D2, but I do see where they are coming from.

If a game is made by lightly modding an original, it is hardly a sequel. L4D2 will need to blow some socks off to achieve the sales the first one had.
    Spartan
    Spartan
    Administratinator

Character Sheet
    Name:

Post  Spartan Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:45 am

People should also remember just how open and supportive Valve is for mods, after all, who can forget Gary's?

At least they announced that the original will still be getting new content along with the new one.

On a side note, seems that the charger and spitter are forum generated ideas, nice to see Valve pays attention to our ideas.

Oh yeah, and there's a fucking grenade launcher, WIN!
    PremierRed
    PremierRed
    Serving Wench

Character Sheet
    Name: Bozo the Bloodthirsty

Post  PremierRed Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:54 pm

Spartan wrote:People should also remember just how open and supportive Valve is for mods, after all, who can forget Gary's?

At least they announced that the original will still be getting new content along with the new one.

On a side note, seems that the charger and spitter are forum generated ideas, nice to see Valve pays attention to our ideas.

Oh yeah, and there's a fucking grenade launcher, WIN!

A grenade launcher might make the whole game worth it. But again, it's something you could make with a mod.
    I might buy it anyway.
    Spartan
    Spartan
    Administratinator

Character Sheet
    Name:

Post  Spartan Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:43 pm

Damn right you will, otherwise Valve will send Chad L Coleman to your house to KILL YOU.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:44 am